All Sports United is presenting it’s 2016 “All Stars of Giving Humanitarian of the Year Award” tonight in a VIP gathering at a private estate in Bel Air, CA. The following sports philanthropists are the finalists for the award known as the “All Stars of Giving”.
The All Stars are listed below in alphabetical order:
- Jake Diekman – Texas Rangers – supporting “Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America”
- Guy East – Professional Cycling – supporting “Hope Sports”
- Meryl Davis & Charlie White – Ice Dancing, Team USA – supporting…”Classroom Champions”
- Malcolm Jenkins – Philadelphia Eagles – supporting “The Malcolm Jenkins Foundation”
- Cullen Jones – USA Swimming – supporting “USA Swimming Foundation’s Make A Splash Tour Presented by Phillips 66”
- Dhani Jones – Former Cincinnati Bengals – supporting “BowTie Foundation”
- Matt Martin – New York Islanders – supporting – “Matt Martin Foundation”
- Steve Payne – Former Minnesota North Stars – supporting – “Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing”
- David Robertson – Chicago White Sox – supporting – “High Socks For Hope”
- Tony Stewart – NASCAR – Motor Racing – supporting – “Tony Stewart Foundation”
The winner receives $10,000 cash prize for their charity. The event is attended by dozens of professional athletes and celebrities coming to celebrate the best of sports philanthropy.
Alan Pavlosky, co-founder of all sports united said “It is the mission of All Sports United and the All Stars of Giving Campaign to shine a light on sports personalities who give of themselves to help others. It is also our hope to inspire more athletes to contribute their time, efforts and money to causes that make an impact on the greater good.”
The campaign is presented by Getaway2Give (www.getaway2give.com), a company known for it’s unique fundraising ability using memorable vacation experiences to raise millions of $’s for hundreds of foundations including those of Larry Fitzgerald, Coach Bruce Arians, Matt Light, Von Miller, Andy Dalton, and Ben Roethlisberger.
Rob Vaka, Chief Giving officer at Getaway2Give added “Getaway2Give congratulates each of this year’s nominee’s. To perform at a high level in your professional role or job is important. Each of this year’s nominee’s is a star on or in their field of play. To have the discipline and valor to stand up for a cause is more significant. Long after the lights dim on the stadium court the crowd will remember the impact each of these stars has made on humanity. As humans we’re really all in pursuit of happiness and meaning. Contribution, or giving back, is one of the few key ingredients to a life full of lasting happiness.”
The winner will be announced June 16th in the private ceremony and shortly thereafter on All Sports United’s website at www.allsportsunited.org.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, June 16th, 2016 at 7:00 pm and is filed under Uncategorized.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.